If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Friday, June 26, 2009

Tears for a stranger...

I was never a fan of Michael Jackson and to be honest I don't think I have heard any of his songs all the way through. I supppose that is why noone was more surprized than me when my eyes filled with tears when Daniel told me that he was gone. Perhaps it was because a person has to wonder if the man had any real friends at all. My first thought was, "the ground is level at the foot of the cross and no man stands higher than I." That is an excerpt from a song that the Dunn's sang when I was a teenager. Like I told Daniel, when Michael Jackson crossed the line of worlds he was no better known than any of the rest of us. Whether you loved or hated him or perhaps you never gave him any thought one way or another he was judged justly by his creator and for him that is good. I think at times that having more money for our needs would be nice and having money for some extras would be super nice but at what price? I would never trade the love of family and friends for a few trinkets. As I went about my evening (yesterday) I was so sad for the waste of his life. I walked around my yard and enjoyed a breathtaking sunset and I realized that Michael Jackson had seen his last sunset and had begun his eternity. Someday we will all see our last sunset and will also begin our eternity. That is a sobering thought.

3 comments:

tacomom said...

i had the same thoughts. money could not buy happiness or heaven. and where is he most likely spending eternity? so very sad.

Dj said...

I do believe he was a very sad man. He had all the money in the world to buy things but happiness he could not buy. Very Sad!

Sherry said...

I find it very disgusting the Christian people that are saying "good" that he is dead. Love him or hate him he was a man with a soul and no doubt he is lost. I am still planning on asking someone how they would feel if it was their family member! I happen to know that they have at least one loser member in their family!