If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Tuesday, March 16, 2010

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!



I am so glad that yesterday is over! I asked 1 of the kids to make tea while I was mixing up corn casserole. They put the tea on the back burner but turned on the front burner where I had my cookbook laying! It is a cookbook but I don't think it is meant to be cooked!!! My oven element is out so I took a meatloaf and potatoes down to mom's to put in her oven, after 45 minutes I went to put the corn casserole in and asked her if she wanted me to turn off her timer and she did so I THOUGHT I turned off the timer. After another 45 minutes I went down to get the food out of the oven and the corn casserole looked the same as it did when I put it in. I hollered in to her room and said, "you aren't going to believe this but your oven is......turned off. I was going to tell her it was broken but no, I had turned it off. So, I said that dinner would be around 8 and started back to my apt. I was thinking about how glad I was that I wasn't having company when I remembered that I had told the lady across the hall I would bring her dinner. I was so embarrassed! I told her what happened and she was ok with it. After 20 minutes mom called and said she could smell the meatloaf and maybe waiting until 8 would be too long. It was then I realized that it had baked for 45 minutes before I turned the oven off so I went and checked it...it was fine! I decided to make Rice Krispies treats, what could go wrong? I almost poured the rice krispies in instead of the marshmallows but ended up not messing that up. They say that all is well that ends well...that is good I am just glad yesterday ended!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, sorry, Mom.