If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Monday, July 16, 2007

favorite kitchen tool

If there were one tool in your kitchen you would not want to lose what would it be? Mine would have to be the cookie dipper that belonged to my Grandma Schnell. I have used it for more than 10 years now and I do not know how long she used it before that. It has dipped LOTS and LOTS of cookies! I make at least one batch a week and sometimes more. My Grandma was a wonderful cookie baker and my grandpa would never tell the men he worked with how she got them so perfect so they thought she was extremely wonderful!

3 comments:

tacomom said...

Wow, that's a tough one, but I think I would say my salad shooter. Interestingly enough, i don't use it for salad ingredients. It shreds cheese and slices my potatoes perfectly for scalloped potatoes.

Anonymous said...

My sentimental favorite would be a very sharp knife that my Dad made for me. It has peeled bushels of potatoes thru' the years! My favorite small appliance is my "slow cooker"...not the same as my crock pot. It has cooked no telling how many pounds of roast beef for Sunday dinners. I'm afraid it's on it's last leg & I don't know where to get a replacement! Happy baking! Sheila

Karen Walden said...

I guess if I have to narrow it down to one it would be my pizza cutter! We eat pizza all the time as it is Parker's favorite! I do love my Pampered Chef ice cream scoop too! (I also have a knife that my Gpa Brown made me like Mom's!)