If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Thursday, September 6, 2007

Old Age?

Age is definitely a number only---my great aunt talks alot about the old people who live in her building and she will be 89 this month...when we (mom, Rita Campbell and myself) went to see her we also saw my mom's cousin who has had alzheimers for at least 7 years. They were discussing a man who thinks he is something and my aunt thinks he is an awful person because he acts like he is cute and such, well, Louise(the cousin) thinks he is handsome also! It was funny! Louise remembered my mom but not the the rest of us. I guess my mom is memorable like that! I saw Louise looking at mom so I went and got her and brought her over with us and she asked who I was because I was pretty so mom told her I was her daughter and she said, "I don't care who she is she is pretty." (?) She had just asked that.....yep she definitely has that disease! She is so sweet though. Mom asked about her husband being a detective and she said that yes he was but he had been gone for a long time (he has) but she turned around and said I loved him I really, really did. I sneaked a peek at mom and yes, she had tears in her eyes too.

4 comments:

tacomom said...

Oh my goodness, my mom nearly drove me insane with all the repeating and off the wall things she would say. And I would only be there for the weekend. I do NOT know how my sisters did it day in and day out and my dad 24/7. We were truly spared SO MUCH with her not lingering for years. And really, she was too. Can't wish her back. Sometimes though, she would be funny. I tell a little story in the next post...

tacomom said...

...Mom always loved money. During the last few months when she didn't know Dad all the time, one day Barb was combing her hair. When she was done we told her how nice she looked and she said, "Well, I guess I'll have to get me a boyfriend!" We about flipped. Here was Dad behind here in the recliner snoozing. So I said, "Who do you think you want?" And Mom said, "One with lots of money!" Barb said, "What about Art Fritz?" Mom said, "Who? Art Fritz? Oh, I know him. But he don't have no money!" And she kind of flicked her hand like she was shooing that thought away. We had a hard time keeping our laughter to ourselves!

Sherry said...

Oh, my! That is funny! I think there is so much laughter and tears with the whole thing. I hope my mom never gets it but if she does I can see her being hysterically funny!

Michelle said...

HeeHee-Sara, that is so funny.

My great-grandmother on my mom's side had Alzheimer's and there were times she could be very annoying with all of her repeated questions, but other times she was hysterical. Gotta love 'em!