If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Downsizing......the hard way



I have been busy deep cleaning since Daniel has been gone. I really thought I would be able to get rid of some things like quarter size apples and the other small things I have to decorate with but no, it is all too "special" to me. The skunk was something I got my mom for Christmas. It still has the price tag and I paid $1.58 for it at Hills when I was 10. That is a keeper and so was everything else! I did downsize the cloth I have on the apple crate. (the crate belonged to Daniel's grandma Mings) I was not happy about that particular downsize because it used to hang rather niclely and show the apples around the border. Now it barely fits. The oak barrel was something a friend of mine had and no longer wanted. Something that good just can't be tossed so.........I am now trying to figure out just where to put it and what to put in it! I can't wait til my sweetie gets home this evening. I am not gonna do a big meal since I never do that on Wed. because of church but tomorrow I will fix his favorite. That is one of my ways of saying, "I missed you and I am glad you are home." I do not care for meatloaf but Daniel says I make good ones. Is there such a thing? I am also gonna try my hand at Sugar Cream pie! That I do love!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Why are you down sizing Sherry? Did I miss something? Or are you just cleaning house....

I spy a Longaberger basket! :)

Sherry said...

I am just cleaning and thought I could get rid of some stuff. I think downsizing was the wrong word! It is more like clearing things out. Doesn't matter I guess, it didn't happen!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

OK ... you don't like meatloaf?? Ohh my - I LOVE THAT!! I put tomato sauce on top and use stove top stuffing instead of bread crumbs. Picante sauce cooked in too.

Now I am hungry :-)

So glad to see you today Sherry. I stopped right over. Sounds like you and the family are doing fine.

God bless :)
Eric