If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I know there's a God in Heaven!

On a few occasions I have been asked how I can know for sure there is a God! That is ONE question I can answer for a certainty. It was around this time of year that I really truly believed. Trust me getting there was a hard journey. My dad had left a little more than a year before and I was angry, sad and all those other emotions. I remember my mom and I being so poor that we were eating ALOT of macaroni and tomatoes. (I hate them to this day) Anyway, mom had to sell some of her loved Betty Lukin flannelgraphs so we could get some money and believe me I was torqued about that. I just could not figure out how a loving God could get us to that point. She needed $150 and was going to sell the flannels for $75 and try to get the rest somewhere else. As the man was in his car checking this out I told God that if he really existed I needed to know TODAY and that if he did would he put it in the man's heart to give my mom $150 instead of $75. I told him if he did that I would never doubt him again. Well, here comes our friend with a check. He said that he wanted the things and that he felt led to give her a little more. As he walked off I watched my mom and before she opened the check I piped up and said, "it is $150!" She stared at the check, then at me and asked, "how did you know?" All I could do was sob and I finally composed myself enough to tell her and she was shocked. She also took time to let me know that even though things were not always the way we wanted them that God had never forsaken us. I will tell you one thing...there have been times my faith was weak and I wandered astray but never have I questioned that God was real. I know some people who think what I did was wrong but I do know that I was sincere and truly needed to know for myself that day. I am just so thankful that our friend listened to that still small voice that day otherwise my faith might of been shaken forever. I had a friend tell me that maybe the devil did that to confuse me but believe me my confusion was totally gone and I honestly do not think the devil is in the business of helping lift people up! Anyway, that is my little thought for today! Never doubt!

1 comment:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Great story! ... although I think I will not try it myself (wink)

Sometimes we all get doubts - human nature I think. The important point is to always open your heart to the Lord.

How have you been? Me? ... busy. Sorry for not stopping by for a while.

Happy weekend to you and the family!!!!

Eric "SpeedyCat"