If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Thursday, July 3, 2008

Roses for momma....

I asked my mom several months ago if I could ask her a hard question and she told me that I could even though she might not have the answer. I let her know that she alone knew the answer to the question. My question for her was: Did she still think with all that she has faced in her life that it was worth it to serve God. I think I shocked her but she never hesitated for one second and her answer was, "yes, a million times yes!" I told her that to people looking on it looked like she didn't have anything and she said she realized that it did look that way but that God had always supplied her need and that she would rather live in a tent by the side of the road and be in God's will than to have everything and be out of God's will. I really wasn't surprised that she answered me that way. She also told me that the devil did come at times and tell her that she had never accomplished anything but that was something she had to leave in God's hands! I will say I went away from that conversation thrilled because I knew that I could face anything and still come out on top. Thank you mom for your Godly life and helping me to see that God is always enough!

2 comments:

Gene Davis said...

The devil need not tell your mother that she has never accomplished anything with her life. For many many years your mother has taught children in classrooms and in churches. She will never truly know the accomplishments she has made until she reaches heaven. Her success may not be in material things but in the most priceless treasure of all.....reaching and teaching little souls.

Janiece said...

All I can say is...your Mama is one sweet lady! I couldn't hardly wait for her to get to camp every year and then when she moved to MI and she actually went to "my" church, WOW! God is sure good! : )