If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update on My Mother

*NOTE (I am a friend of Sherry's, Gail Fritz, and she has asked me to put this post on her Blog for her.)

Sherry's mother, Linda Taylor, recently had surgery - as you probably are aware of from one of her previous Blog entries. This is the latest update.

Linda's condition was somewhat worse than the doctor had anticipated. However, she came through the surgery fine and it appears that she will be moved to the Rehab Unit tomorrow (Friday, 11/15/08). She will probably be in the Rehab Unit for 10-12 days.

A special subject of prayer for Linda is this: She desperately needs a nurse aide or someone who is able to comb her hair appropriately. Yesterday, Linda decided that she HAD to have it combed well, and she did her herself with her good arm. It was a difficult task for her to complete, but she did it. She told Sherry, "No one up here knows how to deal with my hair."

I'm sure that every one of us ladies can imagine how it would feel to lay day after day, following surgery, and not have our hair combed. Part of the path to "recovery" is for patient to feel "groomed". God knows just the person to send her way that will be able to perform this task for her. As we all know, "He is able to do abundantly more than we ask or think"~!

Look for a future post that will give an address for Linda so that she can receive cards/letters of encouragement. If the address is not published on this Blog, Sherry will be sending it via E-mail.

Posted by Gail Fritz

3 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Hope your Mom is doing okay! I'll try to remember to request prayer for her at church!
Keep us updated!!

tacomom said...

I was wondering about her yesterday. I wish I felt better so I could go see her.

Sherry said...

I appreciate that Karen! Sara, I feel so bad for you. I think about you so often because as you know I never suffered and I feel almost guilty! I would of gladly suffered a tad if you could feel better!