If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Monday, March 2, 2009

the girl from yesterday?

A few weeks back I got my wedding dress out and noticed that it had stains on it and decided to toss it. Abigail wanted to know if she could try it on and of course I said she could. I was shocked when it fit her except for the length. Since it was a few days until the trash came I told her to just put in back in the tote. Before trash day came around I thought of making throw pillows out of it. I sat down the other day and took all the stuff off. Abby kept telling me to stop before it was too late and she was sure my mom would croak. I finally convinced her that it was better to have a plan than a useless dress. My mom only asked if I regretted it and I said only when I measured it and the waist was 28! This is the pics of Abby as well as the cake she made for my B-day. Excuse the boxes in the background. We had just moved.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh my goodness, Sherry! I can't believe you did that. My wedding dress was borrowed and I've wished many times that it would have been mine & I could have kept it. You had better make a pretty special pillow!!!

Sherry said...

I know it might sound crazy but it seemed like a bigger waste to have it in a box doing nothing! :)

tacomom said...

My skinniest daughter told me a few weeks ago that she wants to wear my wedding dress when she gets married. I laughed since I had informed Tony that I wasn't the kind of bride to go on a severe diet and get as skinny as I could for our wedding day (not saying YOU did that) and then never be able to get into my dress again. And I didn't. I proceeded to GAIN 35 lbs over the course of the 11 months before our wedding. Ugh! They had to let the seams on the sides ALL the way out to accomodate my girth! loL! So for Miss Skinny Minny to say that struck me funny. But if she truly feels that way in 10 or so years, I'm sure they can do some alterations.

BTW, I was able to fit into that dress when I was 5 months pg for Kerrigan :)

Sherry said...

No, I didn't lose weight for the wedding---until I had Jonathon I was just thin. I thought 150 was fat! Yeh sure!

Dj said...

I found my wedding dress also and it is still in a box in the attic. I guess I just can not see myself getting rid of it. Mom made it and I know I will never let the kids wear it but it isnt hurting me in the attic. LOL Unless I go and try to fit into it. I use to think 130lbs was fat. Hmmmmm Now I would love to be 130lbs.LOL I have been watcing for a updated photo of you Sherry. Think you could do that anytime soon? ;-)

Sherry said...

HA! HA! Donna. I doubt it. I never was pretty and I did not age gracefully!!!