If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Monday, December 17, 2007

Carmel corn and a new love!

I got my carmel corn done the other night~~hint #1 do not try this in 9x13 pans! It was a bear to stir. I ended up getting it done alright but to start off I was surprized that I could not think of how to pop corn on the stove! I finally called a friend and she told me. When it was all said and done the pans were sticky and I was blue. I told Daniel that I would never make it again unless I had disposable pans, I left the pans to soak and went to bed and in the night a miracle happened...no, he did not clean the pans but that wonderful new dish soap with active oxides did wonders. Now, I am not sure what an active oxide is but I fell in love with them. I think they are little people that eat the cruddy stuff off of pans while you sleep! I also got my Christmas tree up and Daniel said it was very nice. Now anyone that knows my finicky hubby well knows that is a compliment! I was bummed that our topper quit after 20 years (Daniel had it premarriage) I suppose it was to be expected since I would most likely not function well if someone stuck me inside of a box in a box and put me on a shelf in a Florida garage for a year either but...............

7 comments:

tacomom said...

Your description of active oxides is cracking me up! That was an early Christmas present, huh? Those little elfs...

Janiece said...

I've never made carmel corn, but I think it would be bear to make! I do however, LOVE to eat it and eat it and eat it... :) I was wondering if Daniel has made any of his wonderful pb fudge this Christmas season? If he hasn't remind him, I still do remember it and would LOVE to taste some of it. Tell him I would be happy to provide him with my address if he feels it upon his little heart to send me some, LOL! I have only found one person that makes it like him and that is my neighbor Beth, yummy!

Michelle said...

Well, everyone keeps talking about Daniel's fudge so I think I need to try some. Would like you my address as well? LOL

Sherry said...

I think Karen's mom has the same recipe. The funny thing is that anything made with PB in our house he gets credit for and fudge is all he makes! Do ya'll live close together? I could get him to send it to the most honest of you! ROFL! I just have to figure out who it is! J/K!

Janiece said...

Michelle and I only live about 30 minutes from one another, so you could send it to my address and I would make sure she gets some, maybe (hee hee)!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Please send a large bag of this carmelcorn to the Speedcat Hollydale Blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I stopped here again for some more carmel corn!!

Ok, I'm off to visit some more good people now. See you later..

Eric