If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Monday, October 8, 2007

I have seen Holiness...

I never doubted that what my mom professed to have was real but after the past week I would never ever doubt it. She has had to make the arrangements and everything for a man she has not lived with for 22 years but God is helping her. God did answer one prayer and that is she does not have to go in the house to go through his things~someone has bagged them up for her. I thought I was doing ok but for some reason I had total meltdown yesterday. Of course, that could not happen at home it had to happen at church. My mom was telling me that other friends they had years ago are really torn up and that got me to wondering "WHY" and I think perhaps it is for many reasons. I know my reasons are many. The wasted years and the thought of how things could of been so different as well as the thought that maybe you could of done something. I have already told Daniel that if he ever sees me shutting out everyone I hope someone will intervene and save me from myself! I was surprized when my mom told me that if she had of known he was sick she would of taken him in and taken care of him. Daniel said that I should not be surprized because that is what the love of God will do for a person. Just pray for my mom tomorrow especially around 2:00. That is when the service is. I am just glad she will have some friends there. One little bit of advice...never wait to say what you need to say because you never know what tomorrow will bring!

5 comments:

Angie D said...

Sherry, so sorry to hear about your dad. We'll keep you and your mom in our prayers.

Karen Walden said...

We will be thinking of your mom and your family tomorrow! Sorry we are out of town and won't be able to come. Mom is planning on going to the viewing I think!

Sherry said...

Thank you to both of you and yes, Karen your mom did come to the viewing.

tacomom said...

What an awesome testimony for your Mom to be able to do this! You never know what grace you will need from one day to the next. I hope you all "heal" quickly. Will be praying to that end.

Nettie's Nook said...

We are so sorry to hear about your father. I'm sure that you have a million emotions going on right now and that is normal. Just remember that Jesus is the only one that can really comfort us in times like these. We will be praying for you all.