If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Friday, October 5, 2007

shock.............

I guess right now I am in shock. I found out that my dad died on the 3rd I believe. I knew this day would come and to be honest I am surprized it has crushed me as bad as it has (before you criticize me too much you would have to understand the dynamics.) I was just devastated and my mom is broken also. I guess because in spite of everything we do remember some good times and some good things. I suppose I was one of those that felt like I would never fall into sin like that but now I am older and realize that "except for the grace of God there go I." I wonder if he ever felt like the Psalmist David in Psalm 142:4 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
Of course now there are so many what ifs and they are just things that you have to leave in the hands of the almighty God. I guess I am done for now with my spilling of guts. Thank you for taking time to read this and to those who pray for us thank you for that. I know some will find it strange that it would even bother my mom since they were seperated for 22 years but they were still friends of sorts so she needs prayer too. Then you always have the guilt of not knowing if you prayed enough or cared enough.

3 comments:

Katressa said...

I saw that in the paper & I wondered if that was him. Sorry to hear it was.

Karen Walden said...

Sherry: I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. Even though you didn't see him often, he was still your dad and it is good that you do have some good memories of your younger days. I too hope he had the time to make peace with God. He knew the way. We will be thinking of you, David and your Mom during this time of grief. Love you all!

tacomom said...

My prayers and thoughts go out to you, Sherry. I cannot put myself in your shoes. But God has grace for the moment! Hold onto that thought. You might need it in days to come.