If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Monday, January 14, 2008

Praying for David

Saturday night I could not sleep....for some reason my brother was very heavy on my heart. I was laying there and I had said my little, "God bless David wherever he is." I felt like that was so inadequate and I was lamenting to the father that I could not even speak to my brother and as clear as can be God said to me that he could. He just let me know that all I had to do was talk to him about David and he would do the talking to David. The tears started in earnest and I prayed for real that time. Many years ago there was a song out and it went something like this, "someday when you're far away and the miles keep us apart I will say I love my brother and pray you'll hear it in your heart." Did you hear me dear brother of mine? I do love you and my prayer for you is that somehow you will allow the God that loves you more than anything to heal the heartaches and all the other pain in your life and make you exactly what he wants you to be. Noone will ever love you more than he does. So wherever you are and whatever you are doing I am praying for you and I do love you!

4 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hi Mrs. Gates :)

What a nice sentiment on this post ... I am sure you prayers were heard.

Speedy

Karen Walden said...

Do you keep in touch with David? Isn't it strange how all of a sudden you just get an urge to pray for someone. You never know what they might be going through at that very moment.

Janiece said...

God is so good to us and I know He heard your prayers! Keep praying sometimes that is all we can do!!!

Sherry said...

It can be very scarey! I had the same feeling about my dad and even went as far as to type him a letter and the nextthing I knew he was gone! I regret that I never sent that letter so now I try my best to never leave anything left unsaid.