If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An Apple a Day


.........keeps the Dr. away! At least that is what they say. I should be in good shape, unless you actually have to eat them! I was dusting the living/dining area and realized just how many apples I have! It took me forever! Last night Daniel told me that we are going to be the recipient of another apple crate that belonged to his grandma Mings. I am so excited about that. I was dusting the things in the pie safe yesterday and there were so many things to smile about. glassware from his great grandparents. My grandma Schnell's recipe box is a treasure to me! I really do like old things, especially when they have belonged to someone I know. They have a story to tell. I think we are also going to get a small table that one of his grandparents made. He said it was ours IF we want it. I told him that of course we want it!

3 comments:

Nettie's Nook said...

That's great Sherry. I love old things too, also if they belonged to family members. Mom just gave me a fork, knife & spoon that was past of my Grandmother's good silverware and also three pieces that her and Dad start out housekeeping with. I had two frames alike and framed each set to hang on the wall behind my table. They made me smile too...

Kim said...

Hello Sherry! I love visiting your blog! I feel the joy that you have through your words. You truly are blessed as your blog states! Your blog is beautiful!! I enjoy making entries on mine too and am so glad you made it for me!! I just need to get people to visit it :-)
Speaking of apples, I was blest with a bunch of free ones!! I have been canning applesauce, cinnamon apples, and apple butter. I am happy!! Love, Kim

Sherry said...

Thank you to both of you! I love Blogger much more than FB! I hope to see you both in a little more than a week. Annette when I get the things you have for me they will have a place of honor in my house!