If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Thursday, April 19, 2012

Our Girl


I won't be here tomorrow to wish a Happy 17th Birthday to my littlest angel. I can't believe how the years have flown. I told hubby yesterday that I was definitely feeling my age. Anyway, April 20th, 1995 I woke up thinking that after hubby got home from work we would go to the hospital and they would do a little magic, send me home and the next day we would go back in and they would do a little more magic and AARON JOSEPH GATES would be born. That wasn't how it turned out. We did go in and they did a little magic but baby #4 decided not to put me in the misery that inducing might cause. There wasn't any going to eat at Red Lobster. I didn't get to go home at all. It was so funny because I had never come close to being induced and didn't realize that sometimes it didn't go the way you thought. We actually had Jonathon with us but whatever they did made me actually start labor! Daniel had to quick take him to our friends---after grabbing him a bite to eat. Before the midnight hour rolled around we were blessed, not with Aaron but a beautiful baby girl. I was shocked when my hubby whispered, "it's a girl." The Dr. said it at the same time. I raised up and said, "it's a WHAT???" Sure enough, there was the cutest baby girl I had ever seen! They put her footprints on daddy's arm and he carefully washed around it for 2 weeks or so. I had to trade my Cavalier in for her but it was a trade that was well worth it. We love you Abigail Celeste Gates! I hope your birthday is wonderful. You have made mine and dad's world a better place by being a part of it!

No comments: