If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Saturday, April 21, 2012

Poor Kitty

I am not a cat person and never have been but I feel pretty bad for my "cat person" hubby right now. Seems as if the "Sarah Cat" is nearing the end of her journey! What a journey it has been. She got dropped off at our house about 14 years ago and through much care on hubby's part became a part of our family. She has used up several of her lives in that time. I nursed her back to health after some kind of bite in Fla then a year or so ago she got sick and we thought she wasn't going to make it. I guess now she is old and tired. She no longer grabs his shoestrings every morning. Funny how she was never a mother but mothered everything else...including me! I woke up more than once with a big toe between her paws getting a good "licking." She used to love to sleep on my hip! It was weird to wake up with a cat on me like that. When we first got our lab she didn't like him AT ALL! She wouldn't even pretend. Then one day she started to cozy up to him and his eyes were wide with fear but over time he relaxed and it wasn't unusual to see them fast asleep together. It was quite funny to see her groom him. He was usually less than thrilled. Nope, I am not a cat person but I love my hubby and what hurts him hurts me. I guess in some small way I have also gotten attached to her and when she is gone I will miss her. It sort of broke my heart to wake up to hubby getting dressed late last night. He was headed out to get something for her that would perhaps make her feel better.

No comments: