If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Monday, April 7, 2008

I don't get it!

I was here at the library the other day and there was a guy trying to explain voodoo and how it works to a little boy somewhere around 4 years old. This kid was an adorable black boy and his eyes were HUGE! I think the little guy was petrified! If I had been talking about God the man probably would of been offended. He was telling the kid that he would hear things about some man in the sky and such but it wasn't true that voodoo was where it was at! I was shocked! There was a letter in the paper the other day about the big evolution versus Christianity deal that is going on down here and the guy said that if people aren't careful then the next thing you know there would be prayer back in school! HHHHMMMMM.....lets not be careful. I guess one of my BIG questions is why do we have to accomodate every religion but Christianity? I think these things stir me more now than they ever did because my kids are becoming young adults and they all face so much more than we ever did as teens. We just need to pray for out kids that God will give them what they need to stand!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I found your blog while 'lurking' around...I totally agree. What is our world coming to when we can talk of voodoo and other hiridous (not sure that's spelled right), but you speak a word of Christianity and you could be hauled off to jail! WOW!!! I'll be honest I'm scared to think what my children have to face. As you see, 'this gets my goose' Good post!