If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Thursday, October 16, 2008

Growing up!

After reading the nice post on Amy's blog I decided to let you all know that your kids probably do appreciate the things you do. Maybe they are too young to articulate just yet. A few weeks back I was working around and Jacob was doing several jobs also. Finally, I told him that I was going to owe him big time and he asked what for. I told him it was for all he had done that day and he responded with a question. " how long have I lived in this home?" 16 years. "exactly, I could never make up for all that you have done for me, and Dad? he's the best." I admit I got a little teary-eyed and told him that all we did we did for love and he told me that he did what he did for love too! After I had made the cinnamon rolls last week Jonathon asked if I would make them again sometime and I said, "yes, but I can't guarantee when." Since I had time a couple days later I made them and when he came in that evening he asked what was in the oven. When I told him it was cinnamon rolls his response was, "already? WOW!" He is a man of few words! Anyway, our job as mom/wife is important and we will be rewarded someday! p.s don't you just HATE it when people ask what you do with your time!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry,
Your boys sound so sweet!!!
They grow up way to fast.

Now I must ask you where have
you been, And how long has it
been since you have checked out
Sara's blog????
You might find something very
interesting on there!!!

Sherry said...

Jodi, went and checked out Sara's blog...interesting! How fun and exciting for her! I got that pic in the mail to you so you will get it soon!

Anonymous said...

Cool THANKS!!
I saw the comment you left on
Sara's blog. Isn't it exciting???
I told her she is going to have
twin boys.