If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Friday, October 3, 2008

One Year

It is so hard to believe that a year has already come and gone since my dad passed away. I didn't actually find out about it until the 4th though. I never thought I would recover from it but God has been good and I have been able to lay all my failings at his feet and leave them there. I know that my dad knew the way to Heaven because at one time he was headed there so I have to leave his soul with the almighty and hope that he did what he knew to do. I guess my feelings of failure come from not being a better example to him by showing Christain love. That is just one of those things we can't dwell on since there is no way of changing it. One thing it has done is to make me not hesitate to say something that maybe would encourage or lift someone up.

1 comment:

Janiece said...

This losing a parent thing sure isn't easy, is it? I did pretty good the first month, but this second month, whew! Glad you are more at peace now!