If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gotta be nice....

A few weeks back I was here in the library and a man was going around asking people how much time they had left and could he have their computer. Well, I had waited an hour and had only been on a few minutes so I didn't really want to give it up and I didn't but I told him that he could reserve and would get a computer when one came up and he told me that he had done that. I told him (very nicely) that there wasn't much he could do beyond that. He finally got someone to give him theirs and he announced to half the library that I was a rude b***h. I was mortified! I decided right then that I would never try to help again and for a few weeks I did that. I WAS MISERABLE! I used to help little old people in the store lift stuff and that sort of thing but I was THROUGH! The final straw came on Thursday when I let a sick looking woman walk past and appear to barely make it to her car that I decided that I could not make myself in to something that I was not. I don't have alot of my mom's attributes. I can't sing, tell a story or draw but I can be kind and helpful and I will do that from now on. I told Daniel what I had been doing and told him that I could not do that anymore---I had to help and he looked at me and told me that he couldn't believe that I ever thought I could and told me to never let a person like that dictate how I do things. I won't anymore. I am what I am and I will just have to put up with the few rude ones I come across! There I vented that!

4 comments:

Dj said...

Sherry, Do not worry about what others say. I would rather slow down and help someone than worry if I am called a few bad names. Remember the old saying. Sticks and stones may break my bones but name will never harm me. :-)You are the better person to just go ahead and help and let them do their own thing.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

There are some people that honestly don't know any better. There understanding of right and wrong, and common sense are just not there. You must take them with a grain of salt.
Changing because of them would be a shame, as thet cannot see nor fathom the hurt caused by their words and deeds.
I see you have found that out on your own. God gave us the ability to forgive, and also to make the world a brighter place with the glow that shines outward from your heart.
I am smiling a bit, only because I know your kind docile nature, and I can see how this could have affected you so. The meek shall inherit the Earth. Never loose faith in youself.

Hug for you today!

God bless, and be well my friend :-)

Sherry said...

I am actually embarrassed and ashamed that I even allowed it to affect me at all. I think it was the announcement to the whole library! Since I come here often they know me by name!

Angelo "100% Nerd" said...

Well, coming from a very young person with little experience i say you should never stop helping people. I might not help the elderly or things like that but when asked I would help a perons wether or not they treated me with respect. I've always been told to mind my own business, think thats why i don't help people like you. But keep doing what you do. You are who you are, and nothing can change that.