If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Friday, December 5, 2008

yummy!

The other day I decided to break down and fry myself some potatoes and I am so glad I did! Not only did they taste yummy~they reminded me of Grandma Schnell's house. She had fried taters often. That got me to thinking about different people I associate certain foods with. My grandma has the most on her list. My mom's would have to be BBQ chicken. My kids like her Goulash....I don't like anyone's goulash. Sara's mom made yummy sandwich spread and I try to make it and get rave reviews--because they never had Sis. Fritz' sandwich spread! Janiece's mom made absolutely wonderful homemade baked beans and scalloped potatoes....hands down the best ever! The list is lots longer than that but I better stop there. When my kids ask for something they usually want noodles. Daniel wants meatloaf(YUCK!) Jonathon almost always asks for the fudgy freezer brownies when he requests dessert! Anyway, I suppose I am not the only one who thinks of certain foods when we think of someone, especially if that someone has gone on! I think eating is an important part of Christmas! :)

No comments: