If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Friday, December 19, 2008

mother knows best.....

The other day Abigail and I were having a little chat and since we are so random we got on the subject of what we would NEVER want to tell our mothers. I told her that just not wanting to tell my mom some things kept me out of trouble. She asked me if my mom was strict as I was growing up and she was but later when I was thinking alone I really came to the conclusion that in those days the mothers in our circle were pretty much the same. I only had one friend that was allowed to do anything she wanted and I thought she was nuts because she wanted to live with us! Now I know that it was because she did not always have 3 meals a day and she also wanted the structure of her mom telling her "no" on things at times. I remember how cool I thought it was when I spent the night once and we were out late wandering the streets. It got uncool real quick when guys started yelling vulgar stuff and she started yelling back. When she wanted to go past 4th Street Bar??? I was scared to death. I just knew when we got to her house my parents would be sitting there and want to know where I had been but nope, her mom was in bed and never even knew when we came in. I was shocked! I think at that time I had never loved my mom more! She would of been up demanding answers! When I made a mental check list of the people in our church back then(esp. the mothers) I couldn't think of one that would not of asked us if our moms knew where we were if they had seen us! So, yes, my mom was strict but I KNEW I was loved! Thanks mom! You are the best!

No comments: