If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh



Daniel, Sherry, Jonathon, Jacob, Seth and Abigail




“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh







Thursday, February 7, 2008

Whatever it takes...

so many times I have heard my mom sing that song and I really had never taken the words to heart because that is saying ALOT! Anyway, the other night I put everything in God's hands, my husband who is my best friend and the love of my life and my kids who are one of the "dearest" things to me. (at least I thought I put it all in his hands) Yesterday I could not reach Daniel on his cell and for some reason I got anxious so I called his boss/coworkers cell and asked him to have Daniel call me and he said he would when he showed up!!?? Then I really was scared. Come to find out they were both in the same place just had not met up but God told me that even in the very worst case scenario his grace would be sufficient and me in my ignorance told him I did not want to find out if his grace was sufficient! I discovered that once again I had to leave Daniel in God's hands and trust him and yes if the time ever comes that I need that kind of grace he will be there with it! I have never been a materialistic person but I still found it hard to say: "take the dearest things to me if that's how it must be for I'm placing my whole life in yours hands." I guess I will continue to leave these things to him and TRY to quit taking it back! I am just asking God to help me with this.

2 comments:

tacomom said...

I can totally identify. And losing my parents only magnified that fear of something happening to Tony or my girls. But I'm trying HARD to leave it in God's hands. I have to do it daily and sometimes hourly.

Janiece said...

Sherry you aren't the only one who tends to take all those things back! I have to continue to ask God over and over to take 'em back and keep them in His care! It is sometimes a daily thing, but He knows my heart and yours too!